. It is a cross-platform web browser and most widely used as a proprietary freeware application. It is developed by Google and used for accessing the internet and first released for Microsoft Windows built with free software components and was later ported to Linux including centos.
How To Install Chrome on Centos 8?
You can easily install the latest version of chrome 64-bit on centos 8 through Terminal using Linux command with the following 👉 Method and just make sure that you are using a 64-bit operating system.
To install chrome on centos 8 via terminal using linux command:
- Open your desired and beautiful “Terminal”
- Get the latest Chrome “.rpm” package by downloading it using linux command code below
- install Chrome “.rpm” package on your centos 8 system as a user with sudo privileges by typing command code below
sudo dnf localinstall google-chrome-stable_current_x86_64.rpm
- When prompted, enter your user or root password and the installation will continue to start
- Wait a few minutes or less to complete
- After chrome installation has been successfully completed, you can find and open the software in the installed applications in centos system’s Activities
- Start chrome browser either from the command line by typing “google chrome” or by clicking on the Chrome icon (Activities » Google Chrome)
Congratulation, you have been successfully installed the latest version of chrome on centos 8. You can also install a different browser or related software in your system as your desired for collections of applications.